Starting to make paint look much better

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Starting to make paint look much better
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith McGowan on Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 11:17 pm:

Today, after dinner, I decided to try and sand and buff a front fender on the 1915 I recently bought. I did a small part of the front fender and decided it would be worth the effort. Most of the front fender is done now. The left picture shows a rear fender which is very similar to the front fender I did, before the sanding with 1000 and water and buffing. The right picture is the mostly done front fender.
Now I just have to finish the whole car.
Rear fender with nothing doneFront fender

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 01:54 am:

Great! If there are no scratches or chips, but only oxidation, you might be able to skip the wet sanding and go right to compounding. Either way, it's gonna look 100% better. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith McGowan on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 10:02 am:

After I got the car I buffed it to get 10 years worth of oxidation off the paint. Then I could see how bad the orange peel, sanding scratches and junk in the paint was. That is why I decided to sand and rebuff the paint. The picture on the left is after the first buff to remove oxidation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 03:13 pm:

Nice looking sidelamp and brass bell hand klaxon! Where is the fender?
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith McGowan on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 05:03 pm:

The fender is on the car. The sidelamp is very nice, the Klaxon could use some dent removal on the bell.
The car as I bought it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration