Old Photograph- Muddle "T"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photograph- Muddle "T"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 09:22 am:

"Automobile in the mud, Port Credit, Ont. 21 April, 1917."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 10:46 am:

Lots of details in this pic--note you can see just where the top pads are, the straight line of the top fabric edge, the metal trim where the top is fastened to the back and it's fairly wrinkle free, but not completely. Note too, the accessory dash panel with clock (Stewart dash?).
There something in the mud right behind the car, wood pieces maybe? Bottom right looks like maybe a stack of whatever is in the mud? Also, paint is still shiny, car is likely only a few months old.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 10:51 am:

This car also appears to be a Canadian model. In addition to what David mentioned, I like the correct placement of the rear windows, which is something you don't always see on restored cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 10:59 am:

It does have the Canadian top supports (the RH one has come undone) as Hap mentioned in an earlier posted photograph.
I think the board under the diff was being used as a lever to pry up and hopefully move the car forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 11:14 am:

Having been in mud like that I can be sympathetic. The beam is under the differential center where it will do the most good. They may have waited until they were almost out before taking the picture to document the adventure. ( ONT 1917)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 11:31 am:

No footprints around the back of the car or that timber - there are tracks around the passenger door heading toward the house. Maybe they went for a team to pull them out rather than go wading ? Wonderful "story" picture ! (Did the driver pull that far to the right to avoid the timber ?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 12:59 pm:

Looks like a 1917 Ontario license plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 01:16 pm:

Yup,1917 Ontario plate for sure. It amazes me how many Canadian photos wind up here.

(Message edited by 404_not_found on June 11, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 01:28 pm:

Port Credit is just west of Toronto

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 04:25 pm:

I don't see the little 5" long leather patches on the door tops near the inside handles. I thought all Canadian open cars had the protector patches, but obviously not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 04:43 pm:

Maybe those patches came out later like 1920 which is when the tops with twin oval windows appeared.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel brennan on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 04:18 pm:

There appears to be someone driving, maybe they are making forward progress?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration