Successfull first drive

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Successfull first drive
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

My buddy Gordon Koll drove his 1916 Model T Roadster for the first time Saturday afternoon after an extensive complete body off restoration. Almost done needs floor boards, a top and a hood and done. It was a drive almost three years in the making. He said it was better than 7th heaven maybe more like 8th or 9th. He was pleased. maybe he will post a picture or two when he reads this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 09:13 pm:

That is so cool....congrats yall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

I was there. He indeed looked like a happy guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JASON, on the lake on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 09:32 pm:

Congratulations Gordon. My first drive i couldn't help grinning like a fool and didn't care that I qualified for one.
Myrtle has been down for a little surgery but with a little luck for me, and dedication on the part of the mail lady I'll have the parts I need and be driving by Sunday.
I'm very new to the hobby but I've been reading the forum for over a year. This place/forum is chock full of great guys that have helped me fix more than one problem that had me stumped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Koll on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

Yes it was a happy moment indeed! I have intended to post pictures all along the restoration but being the dinosaur I am I do well to just post text. Maybe a Facebook post is in order. Oh - that restoration wouldn't have happened without Mark - what a friend he is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, June 11, 2018 - 11:03 pm:

Congrats Gordon, its a great feeling, isn't it? :-) The best part of owning a T is that you can expect your smiles and flow of adrenaline to continue into every drive you take. I've only had my T for a little over 4 years, and i still get the same thrill i had on day 1. It's special driving a piece of American history, enjoy every single minute of it. If you need help with posting pics, many here like myself can guide you through the process, just ask.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 07:56 am:

Here is an "average pull" by an above average man.Torque

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 08:24 am:

One more. This is one happy looking dude. Happy gord

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 11:04 am:

Itís a cool car right at the end of the brass radiator. It has tapered rear spring but square fronts. The rear axle had one side without the reinforced backing plate and one ribbed. That we changed so they would match. Steering column with the button on top but the larger tube. It was a pretty nice barn find that my dad bought at an auction. Nice to see it going to a good home with a total restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 11:34 am:

Hi Mark and Gordon, Thanks for sharing this wonderful restoration story and pictures with all of us!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Koll on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 09:58 am:

The pictures that Eric posted were at Mark's where we did the majority of the work. After those photos I took the car home where I can run/drive it every day for a few minutes to break it in. After only four short 15 - 20 minute runs that car is running sweet! Starts on mag with no problem (which is saying something cause I'm not as young as I used to be). Runs quieter and stronger every time. Joe Bell, thanks for a great running motor! Now I have to figure out a way to get in the driver seat before my wife does. Lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 03:09 pm:

Hope to finish this up this next weekend. Bodywork on hood done . Floor boards done painted top bows Wednesday night. Going to have it done with time to spare for the MTFCI tour in July.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 10:07 am:

Done! Finished yesterday top, hood, and floor boards. I think the only minor detail is hooking up the horn. Gordon is a pleasure to work with; he is as picky as I am. Look for it on the MTFCI tour this summer and between now and then it will probably be seen on the roads around Rockford Michigan as he tries to get as many miles on it as possible before the tour the third week of July. I donít know how or have the time to post a picture or I would. Happy touring.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration