Idiots in the neighborhood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Idiots in the neighborhood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 10:17 am:

This happened in my south Minneapolis neighborhood this morning - three streets over from me.

The car is sitting on a lawn a half a block south from a four way stop. The street narrows after the intersection. I can only surmise that the car was speeding (speed limit is 30 mph), blew the stop sign but the driver wasn't aware that the street narrowed and so the car straddled the curb while driving half on the boulevard and half on the street before careening off a parked car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 10:35 am:

Yup, I'll bet that was a morning wake up for the driver and the home owner! Three things, Cell phone, Coffee, Speed or a possible combination of all three.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 10:48 am:

not model t related!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 10:52 am:

Will, you donít include drugs in that list.? Or booze? Or sleeping?

I know guys that donít sleep for more than two days at a time.
Then sleep for a 30 hour period. That canít make for good alert driving.
I have a friend that has a six pac by 11 AM every day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 10:55 am:

When I lived in MA a guy did that with a Porsche in my side yard. It was his first day as it's owner. Related to T because there was one on the property.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 10:57 am:

Will, you donít include drugs in that list.? Or booze? Or sleeping?

I know guys that donít sleep for more than two days at a time.
Then sleep for a 30 hour period. That canít make for good alert driving.
I have a friend that has a six pac by 11 AM every day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 10:59 am:

Who cares Larry. It is of interest and importance to all of us normal folk who fear the other, less capable drivers on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 11:18 am:

I think it's T related.... look at the oil it's leaking!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 11:31 am:

Most likely Texting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 12:00 pm:

I hope they stick the driver with the hazardous waste clean up bill, that should keep her/him from affording another car for maybe a year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

Seat belts, air bags and good brakes give people a false sense of security. We won't see these things when the self driving cars and robots take over.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

Guaranteed reason...

It's an epidemic that is being ignored.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

Yep, not much surprises me any more. yesterday morning after dropping my kid off at 6:30am. I was stopped at a red light in the left turn lane. A car blow past me doing 30mph, and made a left turn, right through all the cross traffic. No accident. About a minute later a squad, pulled up at the light right behind me. To bad he was not there a minute earlier.

Sunday say a guy hauling a huge tandem axle trailer, loaded down heavy, doing 70+ down the freeway with only three wheels. The fourth hub, was just hanging there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

I apologize for not putting "OT" in the title.

Idiot drivers are a major reason why driving our Model Ts in Minneapolis is no longer enjoyable. It's bad enough driving a modern car.

Folks driving in south Minneapolis are upset because of the major construction project taking place on 35W south of downtown. Don't know if this accident is one of those frustrated drivers taking a detour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 02:41 pm:

I think it's perfectly on topic ! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

We had an Amish mother and daughter in an open buggy killed by a drunk driver this week. Had a close call in the T last week because someone was in a hurry to pass me 50 yards from a stop sign and then slammed on the brakes. Lucky I seen him coming and already had hold of E brake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 08:29 am:

Just finished the BBC tour in Amish country just outside Philadelphia. Those wonderful people must feel like moving targets. They all waved at us, and I think it was because our ancient vehicles are slow, we give plenty of quarter due to primitive brakes, and our cars are much closer to being buggies than modern iron. The kids all give you the honk your horn sign as you pass. I hope the dope driving your photo car was not hurt, but I do hope he is taken off the road for a good spell. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 08:51 am:

Amish horses are used to just about any kind of traffic except ours. One day on the BBC, I approached a covered bridge. An antique car was stopped just before the bridge, and I stopped behind him. A buggy had exited the bridge, coming toward us, and something had spooked the horse. The horse had tried to jump the concrete bridge abutment to its right. Its forelegs were on the far side of the abutment, it belly was hung up in the middle, and its hind legs were still in the road. The buggy was still attached to the horse. We watched while a couple of young Amishmen detached the buggy and got the rest of the horse over the abutment. No one was hurt, but they were pretty lucky. I didn't see the incident occur, so I don't know what upset the horse, but during the week I saw a few horses that were clearly unhappy about my car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 09:29 am:

Erik, Don't feel bad. Its just as wild up here on weekends when we get "invaded". On the weekends and holidays during the summer, my Model T stays safely parked in the garage. For the upcoming Fourth of July week I will join the Model T in seeking refuge in the garage. However, if one of those crazy drivers does happen to wipe me out in there after being able to drive through several menacing tree stumps and large trees, as well as breaching the walls and plowing through piles of junk, I won't complain. It was probably my time anyways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 09:57 am:

LOL! Sounds like home Kevin----its 9 hundred feet from the traffic road to my home with a lakes and swamp protecting the front and rear----folks still turn around in front of my garage with me the last house on the street.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 12:55 am:

You can't put a one cylinder brain into a multi cylinder car and expect it to keep up.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 08:58 am:

Ya know, 30 years ago, maybe a bit less, for the most part, drivers were rather courteous, maybe even conscientious. Not any more. It's like the wild West out there. Every man for himself. What's that tell ya? Whole new generation that's self absorbed out there. Bunch of Morons. While I was heading home (south) two nights ago in my "new '12" I observed a white SUV going east, to my right, I was about a quarter mile from the 4-way Stop...it blew through full speed! Went so fast couldn't tell the gender of the person, but "it" looked young. Lucky no one was killed, and that it's out in the country where traffic is somewhat less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 09:05 am:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration