27 TT Fuel Filter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 27 TT Fuel Filter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant J Barlow on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 11:00 am:

I have a 27 TT that is 'missing' some of the normal fuel system, i.e. shutoff valve by carb and settlement bulb by tank.

I am planning to install a simple valve in the rubber gas line under the cab and I want to install a modern fuel filter.

My question is is there enough head pressure from the tank for the gas to go thru a filter. I am planning on using a filter for garden tractor, which is also a gravity type feed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 11:07 am:

RE filter head pressure; No not really with an under seat tank. I suggest getting the correct sediment bulb or one with the glass bowl like used on tractors. Some even have a shut off valve. I would use a shut off that is hard mounted to the carb rather then one that is just mounted in a rubber hose between the tank and carb. Less chance of vibration and leaks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Grant, be carefull using rubber line. The exaust manifold and pipe are very close. Dont ask how I know this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 08:15 pm:

Grant, an old timer once gave me sage advice.

"There is no substitute for doing the job properly."

My interpretation of that in your instance is, fit a proper sediment bulb, which has a shut-off tap, and use a hard line to the carb as standard.

If the filter is to stop rubbish blocking things up, the proper thing to do is treat the source of the problem, rather than create another.

The only time I would contemplate what you are suggesting is when setting up a temporary system to do a trial run.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 08:27 pm:

You can use an in-line filter but it must be for gravity fed systems. Lawn mower and small engine repair shops sell them. Lose the rubber. NG.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration