***1912-1927 Sediment Bulb for Frame Mounted Fuel Tanks***

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: ***1912-1927 Sediment Bulb for Frame Mounted Fuel Tanks***
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 06:42 am:

I'm pretty sure this is correct, but then you never know...as far as I can tell there were several of this type of sediment bulb, some had a nipple above the tank threads and some did not.

As for the "Gasket Washer" I've called out below the bulb for the pet cock...probably there's not supposed to be one there, since the pet cock has a pipe thread but since I have one on my car, I thought what the hell, can't hurt. :-)

As always if there is something I've missed, please tell me and I'll correct things, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 06:57 am:

Martin, you are right about the petcock washer. the petcock is the same unit used on the pan for the oil levels and the drain on the lower radiator fitting.

The screen on the outlet side of the sediment bowl may not be a separate part on original equipment. On the Canadian ones with which I am familiar, the mesh was spun into a lip on the brass side outlet. Replacements are soldered around the rim. Perhaps the fitting can be shown with the screen, and the replacement shown and annotated as such.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 07:11 am:

Allan, as far as I know that screen is solder directly to the outlet cover 2902 and is a replaceable part...at least it is on mine and all the ones I've seen. If it's not, then maybe I can pull it to the side and call it out as the replacement for the factory version.

Which fitting are you asking for? The fuel line nut and felt seal? Or something else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 07:44 am:

Sometimes things drift out of alignment, which of course bugs the hell out of me for not noticing it before I posted it....corrected.

Took out the gasket washer between the pet cock and the bulb...it's not supposed to be there, but if your pet cock leaks, it is a optional remedy (I've got one on my car and it works, so I'm keeping it, the pipe threads have long since been screwed up so as to make it a necessity to use that washer).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 09:26 am:

The 1912 sediment bulb has no hex at the top.
Maybe Brasscarguy can post a pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 10:20 am:

You beat me to it Keith!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 02:32 pm:

I know the 1912 Torpedo sediment bulb has no hex, but all of this particular type I've seen has one, some have been rounded off because of wrench wear, but otherwise it was there. If you've got a picture of one please post it, as I need to see where the pipe thread bib starts.

Now the 1912-1913 Torpedo bulb is thinner and has no shutoff other than something you might add to it on the outward flow path...but I think even those that' I've seen have (or had) some sort of flat spot on either side for wrenching it on.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration