New/Old Engine Build?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: New/Old Engine Build?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Van Cott on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 12:58 pm:

I have a spare 1914 oil pan, a 1917 block, early 1914 transmission drum assembly, a 1925 vintage starter, a 1925 flywheel with starter ring and a 1925 starter type hogs head. Can I use all of these parts, combined, to build a spare engine? I am not sure if they will all interface properly? Your advice is appreciated!! Thanks, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 01:38 pm:

I think it will work.
Just take a great bucket put all the parts in it and shake it a while.
When you are lucky as you open the bucket you will fined a working engine.

Just a joke

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

One thing I would suggest considering. The 1914 (any narrow nose) pan is rare enough, valuable enough, and weak enough (thinner metal and less reinforcing) that one should only be used for brass era Ts with correct enough engines to matter. The 1917 engine used the later style three dip pan which is common (and cheap) enough to be sensible for a spare engine. I would save the '14 pan for someone that needs one.

Technically, the 1917 used an early variation of the later style three dip pan. Most people don't know the difference. And most who do wouldn't care unless a car was being restored to prize winning status.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 01:45 am:

Took me 2 years sell my narrow nose pan
It was straighten on kr wilson jig
Mixing parts thats what great about model Ts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 07:11 am:

Good one Andre

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration