Double the Enjoyment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Double the Enjoyment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 04:24 pm:

We havenít used the Coupe much in the last few years. We mainly use it in the Fall and Spring when it is cold. This week, I felt like taking a day trip with it. The tires are getting a little on the bald side so I robbed the rims and tires from the 24 for the day. I drove around 200 miles in the Coupe. It ran perfect. Itís surprisingly cool with the cowl vent open, windows down and the windshield open. It is like natural air conditioning. The cars we drive the most have Ruckstells in them. The Coupe does not have one as we donít drive it that much and it is so original, I donít want to install one. I have to say it is a lot easier on the driver and the car with a Ruckstell. It doubles the enjoyment of the drive. Out of force of habit I reached for the shifter that wasnít there many times throughout the day. There is so much less stress on the drive train with a Ruckstell. If T's had come with them, I donít think broken crankshafts would have been an issue. Something to think about if you drive a lot of miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 08:26 pm:

Dan,

I guess that's another good reason to own several Model T's, you always have spare parts on hand!

Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 11:43 pm:

LOL not only sharing tires right now, sharing wheels too! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 12:27 am:

What a great lookin' T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 09:37 am:

Like TT's I think we also missed the boat by not owning a closed car. Fantastic little coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 09:01 am:

There's more to the story. Ellen doesn't care for closed cars, even when it's cold out she wants to take the touring. That's why I haven't bothered to replaced the tires. This week she was in Utah. When I got up Monday morning I felt "ROAD TRIP", and as they say when the cats away----------. "COUPE", but bald tires, no problem, rob the 24's for the day. A half hour later it was ready to go.
Glad you guys enjoyed the post. Gary closed cars are nice. They are a lot different from driving a touring, a lot more solid feel to them.
I have mentioned this before, but I saved this car from a street rodder. I got there with the money just before he did, he wasn't to happy. This car was to nice to be destroyed. It's mostly all original paint and an excellent original interior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 10:09 am:

Love the story and the car. More photos please. Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 08:58 pm:

John here are the pictures you requested. I bought this car in 1988. It had sat since the late forties. It didn't take much to get it running. Shortly after I drove it to Bar Harbor Maine,a round trip of about 1,400 miles. On the trip I had to tighten the fan belt once, change a flat tire, and change out a coil.
In the first picture it's proof that Ellen has been out in the Coupe, even though shes hiding from the camera. LOL

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration