Old Photograph- T in a ditch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photograph- T in a ditch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 09:01 pm:

Simply titled "Automobile accident."

Electric start AND kero side lights!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Is it a T?
A few things are inconsistent with a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

I'm thinking it's a T but just not a USA T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 10:09 pm:

The image is flipped. The battery can never be on the right hand side of the car due to the route of the exhaust pipe.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 10:30 pm:

Looken left to me al!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 11:02 pm:

Running boards. Real running boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 11:15 pm:

it is Canadian for sure, the suspension (what little you can make out of it) is Ford--- but the weird running board to running board (anti-rattle?)brackets, the wooden running boards- and whats up with that rear fender bracket attachment point?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 11:26 pm:

I think you are right Frank. What I thought was the left chassis rail is the torque tube.

There's a bit going on with that car. Apart from the wooden running boards Ed spotted, there appears to be what may be a trailer drawbar at the rear, and above that some kind of trunk?

The square felloe non-demountable front wheels indicate 1918. as do the unequal height windscreens. But that car would not have had a battery if it is 1918. The battery carrier is not hard against the frame rail as is standard, and the side of the carrier is clearly visible instead of being tucked into the rail. Perhaps it has been updated with electrics using other than standard parts.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 11:34 pm:

When I zoom into the picture, I can see enough of the rear end, the "pumpkin", torque tube, and the battery to know it IS a model T, and the photo is not flipped. The running boards do look to be not standard factory issue. And the car has a left (driver's?) front door. I can't tell for sure, but it appears to have a folded one-man top, yet, a straight windshield. (?????) While Canadian cars got one-man tops about three years before USA cars did, and that could explain the door, I also think the Canadian cars had slanted windshields to go with the one-man tops.
It could just be a "well accessorized" T. Driver's door kits, one-man tops, and even fancy running boards were available. Even the starter and battery could have been added, which would explain the sidelamps.

Well, It WAS a nice model T.
Now, I wonder what that part of a wheel and tire is from on the edge of the picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 11:39 pm:

One other detail I just spotted. The upholstery tack strips are outside the seat sheet metal. This would indicate a five panel rear section consistent with a 1921 or earlier car. And I still don't see the bracket for a two-man top on the front seat.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration