***1912 & 1913-1927 Sediment Bulb for Frame Mounted Fuel Tanks Assemblies***

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: ***1912 & 1913-1927 Sediment Bulb for Frame Mounted Fuel Tanks Assemblies***
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 - 09:54 pm:

Ok, upon further investigation I found that there was indeed a sediment bulb that looked quite a bit like the one I posted previously, but with no hex at the top in 1912, which were made of brass.

Which made me change the title of the second one to 1913-1927. These were made at first in brass and then in cast iron. Today's replacement bulb offered by the vendors is made of brass and says it fits 12-27 under the seat tanks or all frame mounted tanks

Which of course it does the only change between 1912 and the later one is the 12 is without a hex to wrench the bulb onto the bottom of the tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 05:11 am:

New thinking, Steve Jelf brought this to my attention...can you guess what it was?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 10:28 am:

I like the idea of the 2903BSC filter but I donít think it was a Ford supplied part. I first saw them on early VWs when they had the on-reserve-off tap. There were articles in The Vintage Ford on how to adapt the VW part to the T sediment bowl.
The part does not seem to be available from the usual vendors, Langs and Snyder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 03:04 am:

The drain tap looks better without the land for the washer.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 02:14 am:

Tony, I got mine from Langs and it just fits into the top of the sediment bulb where it fits into the tank...its been doing a fine job for 6 years now on my original tank (lots of rust particles). :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration