24 Coupe floor mat type.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 24 Coupe floor mat type.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 02:51 pm:

I have a question about a closed car front floor mat. Has anybody used a 23- 25 open car rubber
floor mat in a Coupe?

The original mat in closed closed cars was a carpet style mat. It seems to me a rubber mat would be more durable buts that's just me. And yes the carpet or cocoa mats are original for the closed cars. I've been thinking about putting a mat in my 24 Coupe and I have a feeling that rubber mats have been used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 03:07 pm:

Just ordered one for my coupe. We will see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 03:19 pm:

Try ordering an "untrimmed" mat from Snyder's, they have a lot of extra material around the edges to allow custom fitting. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 05:03 pm:

Thanks! Didn't think I was the only one thinking about doing this. It seems to me it would fit with a little trimming here and there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 07:46 pm:

Just had a new carpet made for my 24 Coupe from classtique upholstery in lino lakes MN. Mike 800-208 9032 really nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Robinson on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 05:24 pm:

Has anyone on here fit a Snyder's untrimmed -24 touring front rubber mat in a -25 touring front? would need at least an inch extra both sides in front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

Yes, I did just that, there was plenty of material to achieve a perfect fit. I made a template out of poster board first, then trimmed the mat to match the template. :-)

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 06:57 pm:

John,
My understanding is that the 1924 Fordor and the Coupe have a lot of things in common. Not sure about the front floor mat.!!
Here is a photo of an overlay of a rubber mat onto of our RHD Fordor carpet. There are some significant differences.

Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Robinson on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

Thanks for the responses! Sure glad to find a solution. My front mat is original stock but hard, brittle and on its last legs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration