Does anyone have a clear picture of the firewall patent tag on a 1924 Canadian T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Does anyone have a clear picture of the firewall patent tag on a 1924 Canadian T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom F on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Mine has partially rusted away and I can only make out a few words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

Tom, I would be more than happy to get a pic of mine later. But in the mean time, Twiss restorations in Canada sells the correct two rivet plate (US cars had 4 rivets). I bought one last year from him. Great piece and glad to have it as mine was gone. I just bought the rivet set for the US car version from Langs to attach it with.

Mine is a '25, but I believe it to be still the same patent plate, two rivets holding it in on the right side of the firewall dash inside the car ( unless you car is a right hand drive)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 07:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Fitch on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 09:36 pm:

I will get you one out of mine in the morning I have a all original 24 coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 01:06 pm:

Chad,

I did a google search for Twiss -- is the site at: http://twisscarparts.ca/site/ the correct one that you mentioned?

Tom,

I would recommend you clarify if you are looking for one with four holes or 2 holes.
Also the tags were generally made out of aluminum at that time so corroded I could understand, but you mentioned rusted. Would you please clarify if the tag is aluminum or not?

For 1924 USA -- they clearly still used the 4 hole tags. For 1925 USA cars they used the 4 hole Patent Plates until later in production but switched to the 2 hole style before the 1926 "Improved cars" were introduced. I'm not sure when Ford of Canada switched from 4 to 2 holes in the patent plate. The MTFCI Judging Guidelines list 2 holes for 1926 but do not specify the number of holes for the 1924 or 1925 plate.

And one caution -- if the dash was swapped out sometime in the past, then it may not be the correct one for the year of the rest of the car. It should function fine -- but might or might not have all the holes etc. as from the factory.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom F on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

Thanks for all ththe info guys.
The car was a Ď24 coupe with an engine swapped many years ago from a Ď26.
The tag you posted appears to be the one that is in my car. Iíve contacted twiss for the replacement so just waiting to hear back.

-Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 02:53 pm:

Tom,

Sorry for the delay in my posting. Here is the two rivet style I bought from Twiss.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration