Just got a 27 TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Just got a 27 TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 11:11 am:

Just got a 27 TT in from Colorado. I live in S/W
Missouri. A fellow named Bill Hagen brought it
in for me. I understand he is just starting out
in the car hauling business. I was quite satisfied with him and thought his pricing was
more than fair. Anyone wishing to try him his
970-388-6875.

Gordon Clayton

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 11:14 am:

Good to know, now where are the photos of the TT? We gotta see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 03:59 pm:

Great. I think that some of these independent car haulers should start advertising on the Vendors list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

Gordon, when you post the picture of the TT om here, it would be nice if you added the picture to your profile also. Ya, we all like pictures... :-)
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, June 15, 2018 - 04:46 pm:

Gordon:
thanks for posting your recommendation for Bill ...I have known Bill for approx. 15 years and also recommend him as both a transport service and also as an honest , knowledgeable mechanic for the muscle era cars that he restores I will try to post a picture of the TT truck that I had in the classifieds always an optimist...gene French TT truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 10:41 pm:

Gene, Thanks for posting the pix of the TT. As a 76 soon to be 77 year old technologically challenged
old guy I would have no idea how to post pixs. I have moved up to a modern flip phone but the smart phones are beyond me.
Hopefully I'll get truck on the road before I hit
80 or die in the process.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 01:23 am:

Gordon, when somebody our age is befuddled by how to post pictures I always tell them, "Get some kid to teach you how."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 08:26 pm:

Need some kid for my phone and computer too !!
Can't get the darned thing to print either.
It's not easy being an old fogy in this
technological world. It was a lot easier
when we only had the old Philco Radio in
the corner and when you picked up the phone,
there was Hattie Erickson,the operator and you just told her who you wanted to talk to

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 08:42 am:

You got a great deal on that truck from Gene. It shouldn't take much to make it a nice runner. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 09:55 am:

Gordon:
keep us posted on your progress... this should be an easy truck to get going wiring and a battery and it should run like a top if you have any questions call or post here on the forum , there is a lot of experience and knowledge available here for the asking ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 06:22 pm:

Will do Gene
Progress will be be slow. I did manage to finish
the chicken mansion for my wife so that cleared
the way to start. Need to send an order to
Lang's for some wiring harnesses and a switch.
Radiator to the shop for cleaning. It looks in
great shape and not much need of repair.
The forum folks are just great !!! I have been
reading and learning a lot from them already
and they all seem so willing to help too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 06:50 pm:

Gordon, what Gene said. I like the TT. Here is mine I have been working on

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 09:58 am:

thanks Dallas,
looks like you're way ahead of me with your TT.
I had a T speedster years ago and a 24 Franklin and a 28 Essex rumble seat coupe and a 30 A roadster. All of which went to others over time.
A hitch in the Air Force, kids an oft repeated story. The Essex was my first car for $10. It
was sold to a local old fellow by my Grandfather
and father. They had a Hudson/Essex dealership.
Before that they sold Gray/Dort autos. I have a
a flyer for the Gray/Dort somewhere.
Best of luck with your TT
Gordon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - 04:33 pm:

Gordon C, One of our regular forum members has not one, but two, of the few surviving Gray automobiles! A very interesting car with connections to the model T Ford, and one of the worst survival rates in American antique automobiles. I don't know actual production numbers, but apparently thousands of Gray automobiles were built? Yet only about ten survive. Dort did somewhat better.

Enjoy that TT!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration