Maw gets her ride.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Maw gets her ride.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 06:01 pm:

I had smarted off in the June thread that my wife wanted a ride in the 18.
Found a rad leak on a shake-down run and I've completely ignored it as it stopped leaking.
She's the one that had said before that she didn't want no ride since it didn't have a top and it wasn't painted.
I've had this one since August 1st of 2000-16. Got it running that fall.
I wish I was ready for a top, it's HOT here! 81 degrees. Dew point is 72.
Turned the gas on and backed it out.

Down we go! You've seen this view before along with a couple others.

Obligatory view of lake Minniewarsh-tub.

Beautiful road leading into the woods. Didn't get a canopy shot today again. One of the coils was being a jerk.

Fiddled with the button on 2 and it was back in the game. My wife had said we should take the trail and I agreed.
It didn't register, I was listening to the miss. After turning around ahead, I stopped and fiddled. Must've been a flake of dust or what-not.

What? Jack's trail? Yesss! Perfect old school "road".

Nice.

This will test your throttle skills for gentle running. My rusty 24 would be MY favorite here.

Home again, home again. Jiggety jig!
Looks weird. Knocks like a door. Drives really nice!

Gonna do that again! Maybe after our nap.
Gotta put Kero in the lamps for later tonight when the local Hospice run comes by on the highway where we watch and wave.
I don't tour and they aren't perfect but by gum we have fun with this old machinery here.
You?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 06:34 pm:

Boy that looks fun! You lucky dog,I mowed around the farm with the super C. Sat all winter under leen to. Pulled choke, set throttle, two turns a she was goin. Great photos Duey, make sure we get more tonight. Keep Maw happy. She cooks the vittles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 08:38 pm:

Are those MN Classic vehicle plates?

Most people seem to have yellow Pioneer, black YOM, or regular plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

Thanks. :-)
The plates are Pioneer plates. Cost me $200 to keep/transfer them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 11:37 pm:

Looking great Duey, i sure do envy those beautiful roads you get to ramble on down. :-) How effective are those yellow lens at night?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 08:17 am:

Duey: Thanks for sharing the pics and commentary on your 'tour'. That is exactly the kind of tour I enjoy the most. jb

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration