Spark plug wrench clarification.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Spark plug wrench clarification.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Wallace on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 10:28 am:

I have a spark plug wrench #T5893; However, mine is followed by the code "M2". Does anyone know if this is a special code and what it means? Also, would this increase the value of my wrench. I am looking to sell this item.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 11:05 am:

The same wrench usually appears with the more common part number, T2335. I believe M2 indicates the tool company which made the wrench for Ford.

This is the version used from the early teens until 1920. As you see here, it differed sightly depending on who made it.

At the top is the teens wrench. Second is the version used from 1920 to the end of Model T production. Third is the TT version. The fourth is a Ford V-8 wrench.

The #2335 in both teens and twenties versions is one of the most plentiful Ford wrenches. The last time I bought one at a swap meet I paid $2 for it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration