Old Photograph- street vendor with half a "T"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photograph- street vendor with half a "T"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 12:41 pm:

The T is photo bombing this street vendor unloading 4 qt. baskets of--- peaches, apples, oranges?? from his IHC High-Wheeler.

Is that kid helping out, or getting ready to pinch a treat while the old man is busy?

Captioned "Automobile on the market in Hamilton (Ont.) 29 Sept. 1916."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

truck is ihc auto-wagon.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 02:16 pm:

Is that snow on the ground?

My guess is its potatoes, Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

I really like that picture, Thanks, Dale. Dave in Bellingham, WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 02:53 pm:

Dale, I'm always thankful for these old photos ! This is a dandy, how many high-wheel IHCs do you ever get to see ?
The T peeking into the scene is just a plus.

I don't think there's snow on the ground, and the produce looks too large and spherical to be spuds (I'm a native Idahoan - I should know 'taters ! ; ) ) I think I see a stem or two, I'll say apples . . . as for the kid, who knows ? I hope he was an honest lad !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

It looks like the streets are just wet. The guy is taking a tarp off of his IHC, and the guys across the street are also uncovering their wares- probably a quick cloudburst cover-up and now theyll be back in business.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration