Simplified Diagram of Model T Ignition Components :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Simplified Diagram of Model T Ignition Components :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 09:04 pm:

So I thought I would modernize the ignition circuit diagram for the Model T, with this colour coded, computer generated version.
Feel free to download and print for your own reference.
It also includes full colour coding for each of the wires...

FREE High Quality download available on my website...
https://www.fordmodelt.net/model-t-ignition.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 10:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RalphS in NE Oregon on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 08:03 am:

Nice work. Your diagram shows what the other diagrams do not. They all show the timer as this mysterious thing with 4 wires coming out of it but no source of power. Your diagram shows that it is grounded (thru the engine) and I would suggest adding the note that it is grounded thru the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 08:50 am:

Well done! I'd suggest adding a line under "Engine rotates clockwise" that says "Timer rotates counter-clockwise."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Doan S. E. Illinois on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

LIKE! NOW LETS DO ONE OF THE HARNESS FOR MY 23 COUPE WITH STARTER! COLOR CODED OF COURSE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mitch Taylor on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, all very good ones I might add :-)
Ralph -- I have shown the timer grounded through the engine, hence the dotted line attached to the bottom of it (see explanation of conductors at top)
Peter -- Thats an excellent point! additionally I should clarify that the timer rotor (roller) is the part that rotates, as the timer itself only rotates partially for advance and retard ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 07:47 am:

What a great diagram! Thanks, Mitch! Cheers, Bill

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration