Benson Ford Research Center

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Benson Ford Research Center
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Barcelona area (Spain) on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 02:17 pm:

After reading here on the Forum that there is all kinds of interesting information available at the Benson Ford Research Center, I downloaded a "Request for Production Record and Letter of Agreement". I do not remember who posted the link here on the Forum. The form seems to be made more for internal use so I just gave the Research Center a call to ask how to submit my questions and pay for the service from overseas. They informed me to simply send an email with the specific items I would like them to consult about my 1927 Roadster.

This is what I would like to know about my car:
- When and where it was manufactured.
- When and to where it was shipped from the factory.
- When, where and to whom it was sold.
- What kind of wheels it came with from the factory (mine are wood spoked)
- Body color

I realize this is a tall order, but they did ask what I want to know about the car...

A few days later I received an email informing me that they only have production information for 1909 to 1911 models, and that all the rest of the production records have not survived. They did, however confirm the engine manufacturing date was September 24, 1926, although I had already seen that in various books.

I recall seeing somewhat detailed information on some random invoices posted here on the Forum. I think what I am asking is pretty difficult to answer, but I have to ask...

Do we have the means of finding out any of the questions I posed to the Research Center?

Any helpful answers will be gratefully accepted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 03:02 pm:

Eric,

Is your car Canadian or USA manufactured? If it's Canadian, there is a letter and a number stamped on the dash under hood that will tell you where it was assembled.

USA cars do not have this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Barcelona area (Spain) on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 03:47 pm:

Tom, it's USA made. The last sale was made to my buddy who bought it in 1965 in Kansas City.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration