Alternate contact number for Stan Howe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Alternate contact number for Stan Howe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

I sent a couple of carburetors for rebuilding to Stan Howe a few months ago. I'm going out of the country and don't want them sitting on my porch while I'm gone. Aside from email does anyone have an alternate phone number for Stan? I phoned his posted number and there was a recording stating that calls were being blocked. I also sent an email a few days ago and didn't hear back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 03:48 pm:

Like all people who do excellent work, Stan has a large backlog of work waiting to be done. He screens/blocks incoming calls so that he can concentrate on getting work done.

If you have a Facebook account you could try sending him a Facebook message.

Since you are just asking him to hold off shipment of your carbs until you get back, and not bugging him about why they aren't finished yet, hopefully he will see this thread and contact you via PM. :-)

(Message edited by cudaman on June 18, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 04:08 pm:

Yes, I sent him an email a out sending back an OF he had restored years ago and evidently he uses a different style of plugging those access holes. Figured I really didnít need the upgrade. The U&J I sent at the same time for complete rebuilding was more important and am not in a hurry for that. Though I was curious about when he might get to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

I leave for Ireland next week ... just didnít want him to send that OF back while Iím away. I live in a city and stuff is stolen off porches all the time here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 10:23 pm:

Mark go to his web sit and check.
http://www.strombergof.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 01:36 am:

I got an email reply from Stan yesterday. He did say he'd been out of the shop recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 01:58 am:

I am back in the shop working after dealing with some flooding at my ranch and other things. There is a message on my home phone that says to call my cell phone. 406-949-3448. I sometimes am not able to answer every email and every text the minute it comes in as I am working or dealing with something that has to be done.

My email has been the same since 1999, my home/business phone the same since 1972. I try not to text but it is the same number as my cell phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 02:08 am:

As always, my deal is that I will send your carb back with a check if you can't wait for it to be done. There are only so many hours in a day, this is a second or third business for me and I have no help. My helper Ashley who used to do all the packing and shipping grew up and got married, has a baby and lives about 75 miles away, drives from there to work in Helena every day and comes and helps as often as she can after being on her feet for 8 hours a day but that is seldom.

I have no better answer than what I am doing, which is the best I can. I am not accepting any more carburetor work for anyone who needs or wants it back on their schedule. Unless something changes I plan to shut this down completely this fall, sell off what inventory I have and pull the plug.

I just came in from the shop. It is midnight. I will be back there in the morning. I spent over two hours today on the phone answering questions and solving problems with carburetors people are working on. I also answered at least a dozen emails but I missed some or let them go until later.

I'm whupped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 06:23 am:

Sad to hear Stan. I understand completely. I have a business that runs my life also. Even when not working , its always working on your mind. I hope you have time now to enjoy life a little more.
Wishing you many years of enjoyment.
Drive safe and often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 07:41 am:

Hi Stan, Thank goodness youíre ok. Iím sorry you have been overwhelmed with everything. You have read my email to you regarding my carburetors .. so you know Iím in no hurry for that U&J to come back. And you donít need to do that retro fit on the OF for me at all. So, when itís not a burden please feel free to send the OF back anytime after July 4th. Hope you can carve out some restful time to heal and recharge. Your health is more important than anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 08:27 am:

I know the feeling about whupped but mine is not from being overworked.Yesterday when i wheeled two 40# bags of fish food to the counter the young sales woman asked if i needed help.When i got to my pickup a fellow stopped and asked ain't you bud? We had a long talk and he was a fellow Model T'er and was two cars in back of me when i broke my first?? crankshaft many years ago.This man had his depot hack hit by a idiot on the Ohio Jam this year and he knew many who i also do.When we were done talking he opened the tailgate and loaded those two 40# bags for me!! Bud who is two old to crank and too bullheaded to add a starter!! Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration