Ford model T(ree) project

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ford model T(ree) project
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan cone on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 09:47 pm:

Another "White Post restoration" resumes. Nate and I had been putting out feelers to find a way of moving the Tree T from the berry patch to a location with better access so the autopsy can begin. A social call to the boys at White Post Restorations the other day resulted in the enthusiastic offer of assistance . Billy Ray Thompson got their tractor ready with forks mounted and his Dad W.R. offered to meet us at the scene of the crime. That was today.
A beautiful day and all went well. It took several attempts to free the chassis from the tree, the foliage and the earth.
Now located next the the garage, the hosing down of rusty fasteners with Kroil has begun.

For those who would like to help date what we've got, some initial findings are:
* Hand brake ratchet has four rivet retention
* Side rails are punched with three holes for running board brackets
*Rear crossmember is extended but not flanged.
More will follow as we dig deeper.

And I'd like to really express our thanks to W.R. Thompson for not only helping us out with the move today, but the long overdue visit with him. A nice day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan cone on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 10:07 pm:

I'm unable to upload any pics. I cannot figure out how to resize photos on my iphone

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan cone on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 10:42 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan cone on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 10:43 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 10:44 pm:

No clue.

The guy I bought my T from said there was a 10 (???) Inch three growing through the frame, and thought the roof of the machine shed it had been parked in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan cone on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 10:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan cone on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 01:27 am:

Looks like a '24 from what I can see. Oval gasoline tank ('21 through '25 and '27 for some models). Looks like a high radiator and firewall ('24 and '25), common rear cross member from '14 through '25. The four bolt brake ratchet changed to two bolt style for '25. However, if the frame has the three bolt triangle pattern on the side of the frame rails? Frames were punched for both early and late style running board brackets for more than two years. Generally, they stopped being punched for the early type about '21. Can you tell which type of brackets it had? Usually careful examination can show where the rivets were or were not used.
The chassis could of course be assembled from parts of different years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 08:57 am:

Wow, that picture of the front axle in the tree reminded me of when we picked up my TT in Sumter, SC back in 1999.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 10:03 am:

...and if you want a tree to grow in a particular location, it will usually die...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration