Mercury Speedster Restoration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Mercury Speedster Restoration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 10:32 pm:

Now that the national tour is behind us I can start on the restoration of my Mercury speedster. I have wanted to paint this since I got it as I am not a fan of patina and this car looked rough. Started stripping the massive amount of bondo over the last few months and now I can talk to a painter. Been slow going since I have been off on disability but I hope to end that soon.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 11:22 pm:

So did you find any surprises under all that Bondo??

Rust out?
Bullet holes?
Chicken wire?
Lead?
Fiberglass?
Brass?

Or is it pretty nice...? And just had a hot rodder paint it last? ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Monday, June 18, 2018 - 11:28 pm:

Rust, lead, brass and holes. It had a coat of bondo over the entire body, some places it did not stick. I could not put our club magnetic sign on the car.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 12:07 am:

Andy, we.need photos of the work as you go along.
Actually I am more interested in what happened to cause you a disability.? And how you are doing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 12:48 am:

Disability? You are just a little kid riding with his dad on the Endurance Run!
Oh, wait. That was 45 years ago. :-)

I love that Mercury of yours! I can hardly wait to see it again after you re-restore it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 10:33 am:

I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. Injured my knee at work and it took over a year for workers comp to ok a knee replacement. Recovering now. There won't be too much to show, I can't do much so I'll be taking the body over to the painter soon.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 09:48 pm:

Have fun, Andy. Iím following with interest ! T

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration