Latch Tilt Direction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Latch Tilt Direction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Babitz on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 03:10 pm:

This may seem silly, but I am installing a new hood shelf and associated wood shims on my 1927 Roadster and I'm not confident in the "left" and "right" labeling on the parts. The wood shims (rear end of shelf) have a tilted and countersunk hole for the hood latches.

#1: the countersunk side faces down, right? That's where the spring/washer/nut live?
#2: should the latch top tilt away from the hood or towards it?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

The latch top should tilt away from the hood. I can't speak to the countersink, I have not had to remove or install the hood shelf blocks on Betsy (yet). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Babitz on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 05:16 pm:

Thanks, that's what I suspected. Assuming the countersink is for the spring and nut, and also assuming the radiator is at the front of the T, then my parts are simply mislabeled. Everything looks fine except for the "L" on the right side part and the "R" on the left side part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

https://www.google.com/search?q=hood+shelf+blocks+mtfca&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS737US737 &oq=hood+shelf+blocks+mtfca&aqs=chrome..69i57.5487j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration