A few things found at Petit Jean Swap meet ...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: A few things found at Petit Jean Swap meet ...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 08:46 pm:

We went to the Petit Jean swap meet near Morrilton Arkansas last week. There was very little as to Model T parts. I did find a few interesting items. My favorite find was a dealer ID. plate. I am going to use it on the speedster project. The neat thing about the plate is I have a cousin in Okla. near the Kansas border with the same name. His name is James Spencer Brown, and the plate has J. S. Brown Motor Co. :-)

I also found a nice pair of "Weaver" brand jack stands, a couple of green porcelain lights with brackets, a neat trouble light, and 3 round porcelain light switches. I needed a round switch to put on my KRW combination machine.

There also is another data plate for "The Rain or Shine Cab" I believe it is from the Model T era and is probably off an aftermarket truck cab for use on a chassis or TT truck. If anyone can ID the cab, any info will be appreciated.

Overall we had a good swap meet and met up with some of the Arkansas Tin Lizzies. There were about five or six model Ts at the swap meet/show. Three of them were Tin Lizzies and not for sure who the others were. Sorry I did not get any pictures of the cars.

The Petit Jean swap meet used to be one of the best shows to go to, and had lots of T parts. Like a lot of other shows it is getting smaller and more 50s 60s 70s era parts and cars are there now. We still enjoy going and setting up as a vendor, but the early stuff is almost gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Here is a pic of the AR Tin Lizzies' cars.

atl

They are my '21 RPU (check out my new McLaren wires!), JD Foster's '21 RPU (original) and Paul Mikeska's "Modern" car. Paul usually drives a T with us from Fayetteville to PJ, but he recently got this Model A and wanted to drive it instead.

Here are a few pics of cars in the Sat. morning show.

Shelby GT 500

show

Nice '55 Crown Vic.

cv

'54 Olds

o

I didn't buy anything until the last day, when I found a big-drum Ruckstell and a very nice '26-7 wire wheel. I guess you missed those, Donnie. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

I had to miss this one. Hope I can see you guys there next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 09:37 pm:

Man, I'd give my left whatchamacallit for that 56' "bubble top crown Victoria". That's my "dream car", right color too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 08:40 am:

Mike, Has Paul replaced the crank in his ‘14 touring yet ? He is the reason I put a SCAT in my ‘14 runabout. And, how can a ‘21 RPU be ‘original’? I thought RPUs were introduced in Model year 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 09:09 am:

George -- JD's pickup has the original paint, interior, and top. It also has an "original" aftermarket pickup bed, presumably from the 20's. That's pretty "original" to me. :-) And no, Paul hasn't rebuilt his '14 engine yet. They keep him pretty busy at work.

John -- It's a '55, and yes it has the plastic panel in the top, which is fairly rare. If that's your dream car, you would have drooled all over it. It was very nice. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 09:46 am:

Mike, Thanks for the pics. I took several photos of the cars and a few of some of the parts, but somehow my pictures have disappeared :-( ... I saw the nice wire wheel. but I decided to pass on it as I already have several. I did miss the ruckstell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 09:49 am:

I love the rain or shine cab plate !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration