Getting the last tire on my T frame tomorrow, and ill be able to roll it to the hose by the house so I can flush the block a bit.
I am wondering what you would do for flushing the jacket. This one I see two crushed acorns and some dry "stuff" in the head. Not clogged though, just loose. Water runs through clean.
Should I plug up the outlet and use CLR and soak for a half hour, white vinegar and let it sit for a day, or just really rinse it out with water for now? I will in fact be removing the head this winter. Need to get this thing registered and on the road first.
Itís a lot easier with the head off but as it stands you could fish a pressure washer into the inlet and outlet and spray around at whatever angles you can reach. That should loosen more up. With the head off you can take a bicycle brake cable a foot or two long (just the cable, not the sleeve), chuck one end in a drill and fray a couple inches of the other end, then fish it into every nook and cranny with the drill running.
What Tim said, and...
I believe vinegar is considerably less expensive than CLR.
CLR is nice. I used vinegar and it actually causes rust where it leaked. Whichever you use, rinse thoroughly.
An old speedometer cable (the inner, coiled spring part, not the outer housing) chucked in a drill works great for knocking off the loose stuff. Use a vac and/or compressed air to blow it out before you follow it with a chemical treatment.
John a few feet of bicycle brake type or bigger home store cable on a drill works very well and can be maneuvered through all of the passages then flushed out.
When I first had my Model T with worn out everything it had a water pump and a aluminum radiator. I went through my engine passages with the drill and cable and found that many were completely clogged with rust scale and crud. I also found a very rusty piece of steel wire in the water jacket. The forum identified it as actually part of the original block sand casting process!
After flushing then drilling with the cable until it all ran clear it was all cleaned out. With a new correct radiator from Berg's no water pump was necessary and I've never had over heating problems whatsoever.