Snowbound?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Snowbound?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 10:22 am:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAIR-OF-MODEL-T-SNOWMOBILE-SKIS-TEENS/283017511979?hash =item41e528842b:g:BUsAAOSwBnZbKufG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 10:49 am:

I would want to see the one leaning against the Model A front hub without the tape and by its self. I wonder if a section where it crosses the hub has been cut out or if it just bent? Having the A hub and backing plate in the picture kinda confuses things. Looks like the other one would give you something to go by.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 11:11 am:

They seem too narrow and short to work well. The Ossipee kit had much longer and wider skis for better weight displacement. These look like they'd dig in. Agree with Mark - the taped portion on the background one is concerning as well. The runners themselves are not exactly matching - one in the foreground seems to have a different curve than the other - also, one end is clipped to a shovel-style point and the pother three ends have that loop. I don't think they were "factory made." It looks like someone took some carriage skis and fit T hubs to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Galen West - Halfway OR on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

I agree with Ron. They are not model T skis. They are way to small.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 10:03 pm:

I just purchased these skis. I only paid $400 including the shipping from Maine to Illinois. Two repairs need to be made to the curves to make them "identical". Nothing that my blacksmith nephew can't handle or I will get the "flame wrench" out and do it myself. They are going to work very well on the trailer that I have planned to pull behind my "snow machine". Much less money than what one would pay for what is readily available on the market.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

Well? Congratulations! If one has the right need or use for something? It is amazing what it can really be worth. The time you can save can be very much worth the dollars you spend!
When you get the trailer done? Please start a thread here and share pictures of it! I bet a bunch of people would love to see it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 - 08:43 am:

I plan on using as many Ford parts as possible (springs, perches, tail lights, etc). I have most of the parts in my bone yard now. I will be turning down spindles for a true straight axle. I wish that I could find a non-repairable (I know anything is repairable given enough time and money) flatbed just for the rear piece with the Ford script.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration