TODAY IS MY 86TH BIRTHDAY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: TODAY IS MY 86TH BIRTHDAY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Today is my 86th birthday.

Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 11:35 am:

Happy birthday, Darel! :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 11:42 am:

Happy Birthday!! I hope I am doing as well as you seem to be in 14 years and I get to be your age.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 11:45 am:

And many more!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 11:55 am:

The photo Mark posted was taken Sept.29th in 1946, the day after I bought my 1910. I was 14 years old at that time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 11:58 am:

Happy Birthday, Darel!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

Enjoy the day! Get all "Gussied up" and take the "T" for a ride. Sounds like a good excuse for an ice cream run to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 12:28 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 01:03 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

So how much did a 1010 T running condition sell for in 1946?

Wish you a happy day and many more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

Happy birthday Darel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 01:14 pm:

Good for you Darel. Hope you have many more. Remember not to let them light all the candles on the cake at one time unless you invite the fire department!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 01:45 pm:

We're gonna' need a bigger cake....

Happy Birthday Darel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 01:48 pm:

Look'n Good
Have Many More!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 02:15 pm:

Looking great Darel !! Glad to know you are going to be around with us for more years.

Happy Birth Day and wishing many happy returns of the day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 02:51 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 02:59 pm:

Big Jon & Sparky used to sing a birthday song that I adapted:

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, just for you.
Happy Birthday, and may all your dreams come true.
When you light up the candles, you'll touch off quite a blaze.
A fire involving that much fuel will burn for days.

Have a swell one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 03:26 pm:

1909 -10 Model T tourings were going for around $125 and that is what I paid for mine. Remember that in 1946 a new Ford was listed at $1250 and $125 was a good pay for a month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 04:32 pm:

Darrel, that's a great picture, your indeed fortunate to have had that car for so long. Happy Birthday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ben jermainne on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 04:37 pm:

Happy birthday. Hope u enjoy your day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

Happy birthday.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 05:16 pm:

Wonderful! Fantastic! Incredible! Keep doing what works and keep going for many more years to come! Both of you! (I want to see that anniversary number going much higher also!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 05:47 pm:

Happy Birthday! And thank you for so many years of support to our hobby, club, and forum!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 06:34 pm:

Happy birthday Darel! Look forward to seeing you at Homecimung!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 06:50 pm:

A very Happy Birthday to you and many more I hope to come your way! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 07:14 pm:

Thanks to you all for the nice messages. We are having some friends over on Sunday to both celebrate our 50th anniversary and my 86th birthday. Yes, my wife is 8 years younger than I. Her birthday is in December so it is a December - June marriage with the older person A June person, not December.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 08:09 pm:

Happy birthday!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Since the picture is turned backwards, it must mean that you are really only 68! ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

Happy Birthday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 11:28 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel Your day is one before mine your car is 2 years before mine but your 31 years ahead in age have a great day Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 12:21 am:

Happy Birthday !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 12:41 am:

Happy Birthday, Darel. I'll have my 70th in six days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 12:46 am:

Holy cats! I wouldn't'v thought you was much into your 70's!
Keep cranking them out and Happy Birthday Darel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 07:15 am:

Happy Birthday, and many more....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 09:48 am:

Happy Birthday Darel , as I tell the OLD woman I am seeing " Don't act your age !" always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 10:16 am:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Since the picture is turned backwards, it must mean that you are really only 68! ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

Happy belated birthday Mr. Leipold ! You're a Model T legend in your own time! Good health and blessings on you sir !! And thank you for your dedication to the object of our mutual affections, the Model T Ford !! It has benefited all of us fellow addicts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Happy Birthday !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Pfau on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

Happy birthday! May we all make your milestone and many more!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

Happy Birthday, and many more!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 11:02 pm:

Happy Birthday!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 10:31 am:

Happy Birthday, Darel! You are one of the folks here on the forum whose posts I always read. Thank you for sharing some of your immense Model T knowledge & experience with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon A. Clayton Sr. on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 11:25 am:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!
And many, many more to come

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 04:15 pm:

Thanks you all. And, Jay - I have my original teeth in great condition. Only two crowns and one bridge. I hope to be at the reunion in July, but my experienced employee (part time) wants to retire and he is way younger than I am.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 04:20 pm:

the picture was flipped. Here it is corrected.

Darel

You see that I can lean to the right or left. I am an clinic instructor for the local Twin City Model A Ford Club. The 1928-31 Model As. We have a 1931 Standard Roadster and a 1931 wide bed pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

Lookin' good, Darel! -Happy birthday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 11:14 pm:

You know you're getting old when the candles on your birthday cake cost more than the cake itself. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 12:41 am:

Darel. Was Your car originally white like in the 1946 photo. I noticed in Your profile photo it is now black. You know Your getting old when the first candle on Your cake burns out before the last one is lit.

Happy Birthday from Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 11:04 am:

It was yellow. The Pure Oil Co. had it as a parade car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration