Body Sagging

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Body Sagging
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Ensinger on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 09:33 am:

Ole girl (Betsy)26 Fordor is sagging to her right in the front. How do I get her straighten on center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 09:47 am:

I think you need to be a bit more specific. Is the body sagging on the frame or is the frame sagging on the suspension? There are multiple possible answers to your question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Ensinger on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 09:57 am:

The frame sagging on the suspension.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 12:59 pm:

Chuck,

Sounds like your springs are tight like in rusted up and unable to "slip" locking into place and staying there. Try lifting the body up by the frame and spraying some PB Blaster/WD 40 in between the leafs then lower it back to the ground. Standing on the running boards from both sides rocking and rolling the car side to side should help. Also check to see if your shackles are worn and binding. She is probably in need of new springs and shackles.

Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 01:16 pm:

Sound like the center bolt in the front leaf spring is sheared off allowing the frame and body to shift to the side on the front spring.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 02:50 pm:

A picture of his T with the starboard list would be helpful in diagnosing possible causes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

OH thank heaven you're talking about your car...for a minute I thought someone posted a picture of me when the title said "Body Sagging" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 06:29 am:

Yeah, the older I get.......

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration