Ruxtell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Ruxtell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Steven Robbins.... Newton, Kansas on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

Is there such a thing as a ruxtell overdrive for model t's? I thought they were underdrives. Please enlighten me. Thanks, STEVE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 02:17 pm:

Steve, Ruckstell's are under drive only. If you want an overdrive you have to get an aftermarket transmission like a Warford, etc., which also sometimes have an under drive.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 02:20 pm:

Sometimes when folks install a Ruxtell, they change the ring and pinion ratio to get a higher top speed, while the Ruxtell low still allows more than adequate low gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Steven Robbins.... Newton, Kansas on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 02:26 pm:

Thanks guys! that's what I thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Gagel, Orange,Ct on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

By using a 13 tooth pinion with a 39 tooth ring gear, you can get a 3 to 1 ratio in a ruckstell, a little faster than the standard 3.63 to 1 ratio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 04:30 pm:

Ruckstell also manufactured their own gear set - 3.25 to 1 or something similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 07:11 pm:

I have 2 Ruckstells and one has 3:1 Ruckstell marked gears.
The Ruckstell Axle written by Bruce McCalley,
Gives the ratios and calls the 3:1 as over-drive gears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Goble on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

I could use some help here too, am rebuilding a ruckstell and the ring gear shows a little more ware than I like, so it took the ring gear from another rearend I had. It looks the same but the old one has a 8 ford 7 stamped on it the new one has 0 ford 7, are they interchangeable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 08:51 pm:

My Ruckstell has ring and pinion from Ruckstell and they are 13 and 40. From my gear design class in college, more uniform gear wear is offered if there is an odd ratio such as 13 and 40. With 13 and 39 the same gears come in mesh every 3 revolutions.

The "high speed" gears were a complete surprise to me when I took my Ruckstell apart. It is about 20% taller than stock so my car runs at 30 mph at the same rpm as a standard ratio car at 25 mph.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration