Value of 1925 Non-Running Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Value of 1925 Non-Running Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Maxwell on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 04:18 pm:

Hello. I have a 1925 Doctor's Coupe Model T that I want to sell. It does not run, but the engine turns over. Has been in our garage for over 20-years. Original engine and wood spoke wheels. Any thoughts on a fair asking price?
FRONT VIEW
SIDE VIEW
REAR VIEW
INTERIOR
ENGINE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 04:31 pm:

Get it running. It probably won't require much effort and a running, driving car is much more easily sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

Does it have a good title?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

Where is it at? Title is important. There may be some T folks close by that can help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 05:38 pm:

Matt's profile says he is in Cincinnatti, Ohio. Whether the car is also there, I can't say. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 06:36 pm:

Check eBay sold listings for current values

1924 coupe in like shape, running, sold last mo. $5500

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1924-Ford-Model-T/332651639057?hash=item4d73953111:g:it wAAOSw7~Va76Iz

A rather bare, no interior, but otherwise complete 1924 coupe brought $3500

My guess here in FL, this coupe, non running would bring $3500. The uphol. is rather odd velour stuff from the 80's. Without a title subtract $500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 06:40 pm:

Sorry, bad link, I seem to be able to view the expired listing, but can't copy the url for some reason, it puts another in its place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Maxwell on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 08:53 am:

Thanks all for the info! We do have a title and it is located in a Cincinnati suburb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 09:18 am:

If the car is a rare model, then it makes less difference whether it runs or not. I bought a '25 roadster pickup once with a frozen engine. I got it running in a week. That car is a fairly rare body style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 09:22 am:

Not running is going to hurt. To the tune of $1000.00 at least, Car looks nice in the pics though.$4G/$4500 area. Like they sat on antiques road show "It'll be worth more if you...."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 01:35 pm:

It looks to me that it won't take a lot to get it running. You can add at least a 1000.00 to the selling price if it runs and drives. A new battery is around 70.00, fresh oil about 15.00, Let the buyer know how long it sat up. It may need new bands but not sure until you try to drive it. You may want to check them before you drive it much. And even if you have to change the bands you will be good Money ahead if you add some new bands.
A running engine is at least 700.00 to start with. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 01:52 pm:

As above folks have said, itís worth more if it runs.
Donít donít advertise it as a Dr.ís coupe. There is no such thing. It is a coupe.
If you have a title you must mention that too.
A title is worth more than just getting it running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 02:55 pm:

Matt,
Your coupe looks great! I hope you find a buyer that buys it and both you and them are satisfied.

I have heard many times there is no such thing as a doctors coupe. But I took one minute to find original advertising of the era...
https://books.google.com/books?id=BJFMAQAAMAAJ&dq=Ford%20coupe%20medical&pg=PA551#v=onepage&q=Ford%20coupe%20medical&f=false

So even back then people thought of it as the car for doctors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 04:08 pm:

Well at least you might find a Dr that will buy it. But I don't know if a Dr in Philosophy or Radiology will count. I inherited a 24 coupe from my Grandfather who was a Blacksmith. But I don't think he had a Dr's degree in black smithing so I guess he wouldn't count. Or would he since he owned a Coupe. Hmmmmm>>>>>>>>>>>>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Maxwell on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 03:16 pm:

Really appreciate everyone's insight and well wishes!. Especially like the original add. I guess if you adjust for inflation, that would put the value of a new Model T at about $26,000 in 2017 value. Still a bargain considering the average purchase price of a new vehicle came in around $34K this year! Happy 4th!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 03:45 pm:

If you were selling a 1910 Ford coupe, as in the ad you found, $34,000 would be a bargain. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Kress on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

Matt, sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

I agree, running is much better, as in $1000 better.

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG93.html

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG99.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 05:10 pm:

Very few Medical Doctors still rattled around in new Fords by 1925.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

Ideal car for whom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

I think the red interior is as big a detractor as not running. I guess I just like them they way Henry built em.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Tuesday, July 03, 2018 - 10:10 pm:

Clara Ford may have decided to overlook her husband's dallying with Evangeline,but she told him to shove his 'explosion' cars.
She drove a Detroit Electric.
And Henry could like it or lump it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration