Transmission drum static balancer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Transmission drum static balancer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Friday, June 22, 2018 - 11:06 pm:

Made a knife edge balancer but I used aluminum tubing instead of a straight edge

I used the arbor from the brake lathe with o-rings to hold the centering cones in the drums. Works really nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 08:52 am:

Doug, that's a terrifically simple design.......and I'm going to steal it when I get to balancing my flywheel and drum assemblies!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 09:20 am:

That was the idea behind it George. I posted pics of it so others can steal the design. The angle iron cost $17 from Home Depot and the tubing was a left over piece of hand rail from an ambulance I worked on. And just some nuts and bolts to level it. Doug

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration