Den Hartogh sales under way right now

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Den Hartogh sales under way right now
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 08:25 am:

Yesterday I took the chance to visit the museum at one of the latest occasions before next week all cars will be gone after the ongoing auction since this morning.
A very sad thought that such a fine collection will not be possible to be seen any more.

1904 sold for EUR 125.000,- and 1905 Model B for EUR 365.000,- just this moment.

Some impressions from yesterday:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 08:32 am:

By the way: today 1 EUR equals USD 1,16

1904 Model C sold for EUR 78.000 / USD 90.000
1906 Model K sold for EUR 300.000 / USD 348.000

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 08:52 am:

I'm fpllowing it live
https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25077/live/#/MR0_length=36&w0=grid&k0=202&m0=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 09:09 am:

Beautiful photos of beautiful cars. Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 09:13 am:

No bargains so far, glad I didn't sell the house!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 10:07 am:

Joerg,

Thank you for posting this thread.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 10:08 am:

A friend at the sale emailed that 15% buyers premium and 21% tax are added to the hammer price. If that's the case, the B cost the buyer well over $500,000 and the K over $480,000. I don't know if tax is applied to hammer price plus buyers premium, or just hammer price. Still......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 10:31 am:

Thanks for the link, Jem. I've been following it off and on since you posted it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 01:06 pm:

Hope someone compiles a list of Lot#'s and Final Bids

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 01:21 pm:

In case you didnít know and havenít figured it out yet, in Germany they use a comma where we use a period and a period where we use a comma.

So the 1904 C sold for 78 thousand Euros or $90,000 (ninety thousand dollars).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

"Hope someone compiles a list of Lot#'s and Final Bids"

You can go to the link above and scroll through each and every lot, with price shown. It's almost deceptive, though, what look like bargain prices on some cars, then you have to add the 16% conversion to dollars then the 15% and 21% mentioned above, and things get "final cost" expensive!

Wonder how many are coming back to the United States?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 03:30 pm:

Rob : On the hammer price you pay 15% ,and on that 15 % you pay 21 % tax . So that is total 18.15 % on the hammer price .
I just came home from the auction
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

Thanks Anthonie. That's makes way crazy prices just crazy....

Hope you had a good trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

No doubt the location combined with the overall quality of the collection contributed to the prices paid - in any case in is encouraging to see the Ford cars get financial recognition.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 05:39 pm:

23,000 euros for a 41 convertible is a reasonable bargain over here. But 48,300 for a GPW and its trailer is insane, half that would be expensive. A wacky sale indeed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

Toon, what I read from your post is that the BTW (VAT) is not charged on the sale price, but only on the 15% buyer's premium. That makes it more reasonable, I guess. Toch niet goodkoop.

Were the Den Hartoghs happy with the results?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

If the fall of the hammer price was 300,000 EUR as Joerg has listed, the web site lists 'final' price as 345,000 EUR, then it has only incurred a 15% on hammer price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 03:46 am:

Frank ; you are right till now , BUT THEN the tax {VAT} is coming with 21 % on the 45.000 . That is a total of 354.450.
That is for the Dutch buyers.
I don't know how it is for buyers from other countries.
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 04:03 am:

Toon,
I think that would be right, each country would have their own tax of some sort on top, ours is very complex, some 35 pages of trying to rip us off.
First a 10% GST (goods and services tax) customs duties as well and get this one, if the car cost more than $57,466 AUD then there's a luxury tax of 33% of car value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 07:26 am:

I guess I should have taken out a second mortgage and bought that K roadster that sold for $175,000 earlier this year! :-) Cheers, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:04 am:

Bill,
The Texas K Roadster went for over $250,000 (includes buyers premium according to this). It has a long way to go to be road worthy, or cosmetically up to snuff. I believe the roadster and the B and K from yesterday went to the same buyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther - FarFarAway (Germany) on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:28 am:

As to my knowledge the VAT adds for all buyers within the European Union (EU).

I bid on lot 259 (Model A speedster) as it looked well built, all components looked fine and I imagined it to be a great fun to drive.
Well, it was sold for EUR 9.500 / USD 11,000 and that was nearly double of what I was willing to pay under the condition of the surcharges to be added and not knowing if the car really runs.

Some T's were sold at a price which for us here is indeed a bargain, also with all surcharges.
A 1915/16 below EUR 20.000,- is fine - if I did not own a 1916 tourer already I would have been tempted to bid on some similar cars and would have had a real chance.

After all it is a sad thing to see such a splendid collection go forever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 10:31 am:

Did you see that two Model Ts were listed as Model As?

I guess this auction will depress the values of Model Ts in Europe for a while*. Can it make sense to sell that many at once?

*Not that I really care.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 06:04 pm:

I don't know Chris, if anyone bought a T to flip I'm sure they would be looking for a good profit and keep the prices right up!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration