1925 Tudor project....they just keep comin.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1925 Tudor project....they just keep comin.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 05:09 pm:

Just got the TT loaded and this showed up. No big project just some cosmetic and some minor mechanicals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 05:24 pm:

You're a beneficiary (or a victim?) of your good reputation, Don! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

Victim....yeah victim..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 06:19 pm:

"No good deed goes unpunished!"
All kidding aside, you are a great craftsman, as well as a good human being. (Not enough of those left these days.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 07:48 pm:

Thanks Wayne, its just so hard to say no. Its a word I will soon have to use tho. This will be a weeks worth of minor things so it won't be a big boring duplication of the Fordor projects. Thank goodie..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 07:02 am:

Might just be the way the picture is, but if the hood is latched down and that much cowl lacing is exposed, it might have a bent frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 07:37 am:

The hood isn't latched down. I had it open to check things out. It seems to fit correctly when latched.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 07:39 am:

Ok did a 1925 Tudor not have a swing down support for the rear of the front passenger seat? I guess I'm thinking of the '22 Centerdoor that has a support...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:21 am:

Don, I know the 1926/27 has a couple of cone supports that are attached at the rear of the seat base. The 26/27 uses a tall cone, and I think the older cars used a shorter one. They attach with three wood screws through the seat bottom to the wood frame. This is one of the tall cones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:30 am:

Thanks John I'm thinking something is missing here. The 26 Tudor I did a few years ago had the same cones as in your picture. This had to have some kind of rear support...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:09 am:

I have a 25 tudor. No support of any sort for the rear of the passenger seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:18 am:

Looking forward to your posts on this Tudor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:23 am:

Wow, Jim really? I sat in the seat yesterday while the owner drove and it did seem good and sturdy. So once again I learn something...now to retain it~ Thanks Mr. Sims!!

Gary, thanks for putting up with my cyber life. As you can tell the barn is a lonely place at times... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:29 am:

Looking forward to your posts on this Tudor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:32 am:

Dang double post. Happened yesterday too and now can't delete cause the system claims my username and password are incorrect :-) Yet, this post will post, I bet :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

Hello Don,
40 Years ago I restored a 1925 Tudor and have had several of them since. Currently restoring a 24 Tudor for some folks out east. None of them had a front passenger seat support under the back.The heavy cast front legs seem to provide the needed stability. Another interesting thing about the passenger seat is it sits at a slight angle,(not square with the drivers seat)
I think the idea behind that was to provide a little more room for people climbing in to the back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

Hi Larry, yup I'm learning something on each one of these ole lizzies I get. And you are right, I looked at the seats mounting gear and it is much heavier than the '22 Centerdoor's and the '26 Tudor I had. It's just funny that the designs varied like that but, I suppose they were experimenting as they went. Thanks for the information. I'm sure I will have more questions on this puppy~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

If You need pictures of anything, let me know. I would be happy to email them to You.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:54 am:

HMMMM...I think we'll just hang around to see what the next project is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 07:07 am:

Me too.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 08:08 pm:

Boy! They have some homely cats in O-I-O..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 08:21 am:

OH Those are cats?...I thought these were cats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 10:12 am:

Pepee la puu....yup thems is cats with racing stripes..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

This was one of ours.

I went out on our deck to take the picture. Friendly fellow.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration