Hand Brake Extension

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Hand Brake Extension
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 09:49 pm:

I see Snyder's sells 2 different brake extensions but neither fit the 26-27 models. Are there any extensions to be had for the late models ? The Extension #T-3455-ext at Snyder's looks like it could be altered to fit...maybe not ? Im guessing the reason they don't fit the 26-27 is the difference in clearance between the lever and dash ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 01:01 am:

I think langs sells this one as shown on my 25 coupe. Works well. I really like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 06:44 am:

There is not barely enough room in my 26 for my hand let alone an extension, So your guess is correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:43 am:

Thanks Kep...kinda what I figured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 04:01 pm:

Brake handles can be easily bent to the left for more legroom and to clear the dash. If you about 1/2Ē clearance , this style will work nicely. Important to note, nothing to modify, cut, shorten on the original lever. Just clamp on. Easily moved from car to car, too. Langs offers them. Full discloser, I make them. We made 100 of the early style, those are gone forever. There is only so many of these left, so donít wait too long. , so goes the model T parts business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 04:04 pm:

IMPORTANT, with this type, nothing to cut or modify on the original brake lever, just clamp it on. Easily moved for car to car, too. For some reason , will not let me load pic. Iíll try later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 04:08 pm:

Brake extension handle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 04:32 pm:

this will clear the dash on a 26 coupe the thing is u have to make it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:04 am:

. Installed the handle is horizontal, not elevated like the advert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 12:53 pm:

here is other i have seen on the forum, but i think it wont clear dash on 26-7--i think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

Thanks guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis K Anderson on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

Gary I made one for my mail truck. Come and look at it.
Dennis K Anderson
Maryville Tn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 03:00 pm:

Thanks Dennis...I'll call you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

Isnít the ingenuity of our grandfathers amazing. So many cottage industries were formed to make Lizzie better. Some even survive today!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

GROUT HAND BRAKE EXTENSION

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 06:07 am:

That is my favorite style, Jay. Thanks for posting. I bought a NOS one from John Danuser years ago, and dropped it on the floor. It shattered, being made of cast iron. We made 100 of them out of ductile iron, after that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 10:46 am:

I love your homemade one, Lorenzo. Ingenious ! Here is another style, I love it in my TT truck. Very beefy, well made. This one guaranteed to NOT clear the 26-7 dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 10:49 am:

In situ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration