Country driving

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Country driving
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, June 23, 2018 - 11:46 pm:

A couple weeks ago I was headed for the mill for feed with the RPU. I came around a curve and a bunch of horses were in the road. An Amish school with a fence is where I stopped and the horses went right in the gate. All I had to do was close the gate.
Today I drove about twelve miles to the wings and wheels show at the airport. The WWII plane could not make it from Wisconsin so the show was a bust. Only 3 cars besides mine because it was looking like rain. On the way home I had to stop and chase two sows and a bunch of piglets out of the road.
It must have been much the same 90 years ago driving country roads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 12:46 am:

:-) Great to hear about someone taking time to stop and take care of the loose livestock rather then letting someone else do it. Thumbs up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 01:17 am:

Forget east of eden,east of Emma Warehouse is great!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 02:00 am:

Here's a bit of country driving for Dirk and Trudy Retgur in the Aussie Outback as part of their world tour in the 1915 T.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozLlCiJKceo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 06:49 am:

Here is our Friday country drive. Started out at a Mennonite roadside stand. The girls always come running out for a Model T ride when we stop. Not all of them were there today, but this is about one of the cutest pictures ever. Did our usual round about 200 miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 07:05 am:

Mark, I have been a volunteer fireman since I was 16 years old. My buddy's say they dont have time to be a fireman. I tell them someone has to do it! Besides as far as the livestock goes, I have seen the result of vehicles hitting them. If I dont do something at the time, odds are I will be there later. You think a deer is hard on vehicles, try a 1200 lb horse. In the T Im not worried about hitting them, its the other way around as the are going faster than I.
I hope to see you again this summer Bud. If not here, maybe at OCF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

Love all the stories and pictures. Stopping to help a animal in need is a great thing. I just stopped in my 24 Coupe to move a big turtle. Always feel better after words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 12:44 am:

It's not a T, it's a pre-T on county roads yesterday. It was also the first day I took the K over 60 mph since getting her back on the road.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whux7d56yv9s5tl/Video%20Jun%2025%2C%2011%2013%2024%20AM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 01:12 am:

About time Rob! :-)

Did a big smokey burn out yesterday when maw and me was out in the 18. I'm strangely starting to think she likes the dang thing.
That count? :-) OK, not that big and I didn't see any smoke...

:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration