Photo please - 26 Coupe rear panel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Photo please - 26 Coupe rear panel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 03:51 am:

Hi guys. Can I ask a huge favour? Can someone please take a close up shot of below of a 1926 model t coupe? Need to see how the original looks.

Many thanks,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:04 am:

I found these hope they help.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/441668.html
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/582703.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:44 am:

Shawn: The pic in this post, 2nd link by G. R., is correct for center, no notch, no striker-- By Tom Palmisano on Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 01:45 pm: "I don't believe there was striker. I think James is correct that the lock bolt catches the body."

This link contains a number of images of Don Booth's restoration of a '26 coupe. Don is the go to person for questions like yours.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/390601.html?1385415681

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 08:14 am:

This support bracket is at the top of the lower panel and attaches to the corner that you have circled.
support bracket lower panel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 08:23 am:

These are privileged photos that I took from the Tupelo Auto Museum in MS behind the ropes of a 1926/7 runabout with a trunk, not a rumble seat.
26 runabout left

26 runabout right

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 08:31 am:

This is a 1927 coupe from the Gilmore Museum in MI.
27 coupe trunk corner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 01:14 am:

Please in the future, put what you are looking for in the title. Makes it easier to find later.
Here are some;

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 04:49 am:

Thank you so much. Mine looks a little different. I cut a notch in mine as the trunk would not close. The latch would hit on it. I'll patch it and see if I can work around it. Thank you all so much for the photos. Gave me what I needed. When the trunk closes onto the lower panel, should the trunk lip cover the entire indent on the lower panel?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 07:47 am:

Yes, all the way across, left to right. Otherwise water will fall right in, not that it did not get in anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 05:51 am:

Ok, I have tried everything and this is as close as I can get it. Any ideas?

Trunk front "latch" gap:

Raised side. Top and bottom seem acceptable.

I'm starting to think the trunk isn't original to the car.4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 11:43 am:

Shawn: Your 2nd pic of July 04 seems to show the lower corners of your trunk lid are curved inward (~10mm?), which if true, will contribute to the issues you are showing. The 's' curve on the edge of the lid should match the curvature of the ribs at the side of the opening along the entire top to bottom length of the lid. The lower lip of the lid is nearly straight across the entire length, matching the side to side surface contour of the lower panel at the lip. I think if you reshape the deck lid to match the body the thing will fit well. best, jb

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration