1927 Fordor Rear Window

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1927 Fordor Rear Window
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens - Fort Worth TX on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 11:56 am:

Picked up a new project yesterday

Itís a great solid car but itís missing the rear window and Iím not familiar with the closed cars yet. I ordered the glass but can someone tell me what is supposed to be there for garnish?

Any photos out there?

Are these parts available anywhere?

Thank you for any assistance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 12:53 pm:

The Fordor rear window has 4 pieces of garnish molding, one for each side. I think they are the same as for Tudor sedans.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

Actually its a one piece steel frame that screws into the inside wood. The upholstery panels butt up against it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens - Fort Worth TX on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 02:05 pm:

Thanks guys. I am assuming these are hard to find? Iím not finding them on line or at any of the suppliers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens - Fort Worth TX on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 02:14 pm:

Thanks guys. I am assuming these are hard to find? Iím not finding them on line or at any of the suppliers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

No you find them repro style. You could try Model T Haven and see if they can help you out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art Taylor, WA on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 03:59 pm:

I install my rear window in my car and have lots of picture on how I did it. I'm sure if it the correct way but it turn out great. Contact me if you want more pictures. Art

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

These aren't reproduced, even in fiberglass. Watch the classifieds, Ebay, and of course, Model T Haven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Clemens - Fort Worth TX on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 06:18 pm:

Thanks everyone. I will try your suggestions and the photos helped a lot.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration