Door handles nickel plated ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Door handles nickel plated ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

Located two loop or D door handles:

1. should these handles be painted black?
2. should they be nickel plated?
3. keep the brass finish?

I located the following information on nickel plating any one familiar with the text contained in the booklet?

https://www.nickelinstitute.org/~/media/Files/TechnicalLiterature/NPH_141015.ashx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 06:39 pm:

The term is “bale” handle and yes, they should be nickel plated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:44 pm:

George H, bales have strings to hold them together. They make good handles when feeding out.

George's car door handles are bail handles. Think of the bail holding the cow in place while it is milked, as it munches on baled hay.

Allan, [ex grade school teacher] from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 04:09 pm:

Allan - LOL - of course you’re right. (You see that I’ve correctly spelled the contraction). But I thought the very early brass cowl lamps had a bale to enable them to be dismounted and carried by hand so I transferred this Horseless Carriage term to the bale handle on my 1919 Ford centerdoor. Actually, all this blathering is beyond the pail. ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

George, it gets really funny when posters refer to using bailing wire as tie wire. Bailing is what you do when the boat is sinking! Baling wire goes around hay bales.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration