Come to the dark side!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Come to the dark side!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 07:41 pm:

A friend of a friend had a T given to him by his father inlaw. He nor his father inlaw knew anything about it other than he paid someone to rebuild the motor and install a disributor and convert it to 12v. Long story short he put a bunch of money in and never could get things right. My friend asked if I would look at it and talk to his friend. Sure! I went over basic saftey checks and driving instructions. Gave him a list of our great vendors and this site.
Fast forward 3 weeks.
He has it running and driving and loving it. He ordered parts for E brakes that were missing upon me telling him about saftey checks. Tha parts came but couldnt figure out how to install them. He didnt know the cross shaft for E brake had one side cut or broke off. He had his wife call Langs tech support thinking he will not get anyone with knowledge on this particular subject. He was wrong! Not only they figured out the shaft was broken, the shipped him all the parts to install the used shaft they sold him at a VERY reasonable price. He was very impressed. Now this fella is no dummy. He has raced and been into anything with a motor and he is also a machinist by trade. He is having a blast with the T.
Today my friend brought he and his wife along with his wifes parents and my friends wife to my house to see my T's. My friend thinks they are neat but really not interested in a T for himself. As his friend and he is into muscle cars and streetrods as I was. Today my friend wife went for a ride with me( 1st ride in a T) and I let her drive back to my house. Now it was a dirt road and only about a 1/2 mile but I planted the seed. I took the father inlaw a ride around the mile square also. After an afternoon of talking T and T parts and rides and lessons,we all went for icecream my wife included. By the time it was over my friend was wanting to talk to me about a 26 roadster I have and if I would sell it.
His wife really liked the T.
HOOKED!
Welcome to the dark side my friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

"HOOKED!" - Ha ha ha Dallas. I love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:49 pm:

I didn't know '26 Ts were painted dark. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

Vern, the one he is interested in is green. Its not even dark green! Still the dark side...
Oh Ya!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 10:00 pm:

Dallas, Don't you feel just the tiniest bit of guilt when you do this to people ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 10:11 am:

Not a T, but a fellow my dad recently ran into has a collection of about a dozen classic cars including a multi-million dollar Ferrari and some others of that sort of calibre. Last summer this guy bought a Model A roadster and now he's selling he rest of his collection because none of the others live up to the enjoyment he gets from his Ford.

Just imagine if he had a T...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 10:22 am:

I too, started out in newer antiques and eventually worked my way to a Model T.

Once you've gone T, you never go back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 10:29 am:

Good Job! Now you will probably see your friend a lot more often as he learns to work on the "T". I remember my "T"mentor telling me there is always something to be done because the "T" is a tinkerers car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 12:18 am:

Yesssss!
Pfoooooh, chuuuuuh. Luke, I am a T owner. Pfoooooh, chuuuuuh. (think Darth Vader if by chance you didn't get it) :-)
Sometimes said about coming to the dark side: We have cookies!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration