1912 Model T speedster firewall

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1912 Model T speedster firewall
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Unidenscan on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 09:23 pm:

I'm looking for advice on moving back the firewall on a 12 T speedster. This particular body has a cowl and wooden firewall. I have the standard cast firewall brackets, however I cannot move them back the 2" I want, as the engine pan brackets are right behind the firewall brackets.

I understand I am going to have to bend the pedals a little, however I can't seem to come up with how to move the brackets back.

Does anyone have any pics of this from their speedster??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 01:11 am:

I would suggest saving the original brackets for someone to use as they should be. Originals are hard to find. It would be much easier to use modified later side mounted brackets. No problems with the pan ears that way.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration