Generator Armature Test & Turn

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Generator Armature Test & Turn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 10:04 pm:

Does any member test and turn the armature for the generator? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, June 24, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Any local auto electrical shop should be able to do that for you and save the shipping costs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

Joe:

Where are you located? I agree with Kevin but if you were close by I'd do this for you, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 03:57 pm:

I live near the Cleveland area, so it's not too difficult to find a business to do the work. I was hoping that I could support the hobby by using a club member. An armature is not all that heavy to ship, plus my time has some value running back and forth, and listening to excuses why it's not done when promised (small job not a complete rebuild). Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 09:22 pm:

Cleveland is a little far from central NY. Hope it works out locally, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 10:13 am:

Joe;
I can understand the running around part and time is money, that works both ways, both you and the person you send it too. What happens when you send your armature to someone and it does not pass the test? Just because someone can test, turn and undercut it does not mean they have extra cores. It would be better to know before you send it out if it's a good core at least.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration