Door latch Ford TT truck Closed cab

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Door latch Ford TT truck Closed cab
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerard de Bruin on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

Hello All,

I am restoring my TT truck closed cab cabin. The door latches are completely damaged. Are they for sale somewhere? I cannot find them.

Gerard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erick Keenan - Vineland NJ 08360 on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

Is the cab a metal enclosed "square" factory Ford
cab made for the US Market? Or another style?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerard de Bruin on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 06:57 pm:

Yes that is correct. I tried to compress the picture to upload it but that didn't work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerard de Bruin on Monday, June 25, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 12:53 am:

Perhaps one thing to look at is Lang's 5679-80RK kit. Springs and rivets to repair the latches for the 26-27's.
I'm in the same boat Gerard.
I cannot provide a link as my browser and system is too old due to SSL issues...
Hope this may help. :-)
Nice truck/s!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 06:29 am:

I sold a pair, but still have the inside door handles. If either of you need them PM me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 08:00 am:

Dan, If Gerard is interested I am. Sent you a PM. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver - Arthurdale, WV on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 08:02 am:

Gerard, Is it just the latch itself is worn? I'm going to have to build mine up with weld and grind back to profile the latch part of the mechanism on my truck. Those are a nice pair of trucks and looks like you have a good starting point on your projects. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 11:04 am:

Another recent poster could use a set of those doors if they are extras.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/822076/873471.html?1529687158

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerard de Bruin on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 02:39 pm:

I already have the inside door handles thanks for the offer. My current latch is completely rusted and not usable anymore. So I need a replacement

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 05:02 pm:

It took me awhile, but I found latches for my doors. Now I need the hinges for the doors. The cab sill has its half of the hinge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

I have hinges for C Cab doors for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 07:32 pm:

Chris, I have 5 door hinge halves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 11:55 pm:

Jim, PM sent. Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration