Top saddle support rod hole too high?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Top saddle support rod hole too high?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 12:19 am:

Hi, my top saddle support rod hole in the body is slightly too high on the bottom so I am unable to thread the support rod in. The other side is similar but just made it in enough scraping the bottom of the body hole. Is there any way to lower the body hole somehow so that it fits? See picture below. You can't really tell from the photo angle but the support rod bottoms out on the body hole so it can't thread in straight.

Support rod hole too high.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 01:28 am:

Call Lang's or one of the other vendors and ask them. They all sell wood kits for the Ts. The Touring has a wood frame inside the metal body shell and the metal bracket that the top rod screws into may need to be repositioned. There are a number of folks here on the forum that have a lot of restoration experience replacing the wood on model ts and can give You a heads up on what can be done to fix it.
Good Luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 10:44 am:

Ignacio

PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 11:06 am:

I had a similar problem. Since I had the upholstery out, I repositioned the inside bracket so it didn't interfere with the hole. Don't enlarge the hole in your body!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 12:43 am:

I was able to get them in by removing some upholstery tacks and taking off the 2 carriage bolts holding the support on. That allowed it to move enough to screw in the support rods.

upholstery partially off.

Top support rod and saddles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 02:58 am:

Is this the same car you want the 2 man top irons for? Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:13 pm:

Yes. I have top bows, I don't have the front armrest body irons.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration