Purpose of little spring?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Purpose of little spring?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 10:53 am:

Does anyone know the purpose of this little spring under the counterweight of the Bendix gear? (inside black circle)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 11:04 am:

Try photo againLittle spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 11:46 am:

Its called an Anti Drift Pin. It helps keep the gear all the way retracted when you are not using the starter. Something I learned from this forum a couple of years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 11:52 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/703620.html?1482003996

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 - 12:40 pm:

Good answer. Makes sense. I should have looked for a previous post. Thanks John, Mark, and Ron. I stay awake nights thinking about these things.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration