3000 mile maintenance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 3000 mile maintenance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 12:59 am:

I didn't oil the timer (New Day) or the generator (there isn't any), but I did everything else except G (steering gear), which is a 5000 mile item.

There continues to be less magnet fuzz at each oil change.

The amount of band debris in the screen was zero. But what about those "little bits"?

Three of them turned out to be stray pieces of Ultra Black gasket rubber and two were the remains of a plastic zip tie. I suppose part of a zip tie fell in during transmission assembly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 07:00 am:

Looks like that screen was doing its job nicely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 08:10 am:

I also see "magnet fuzz" every time I look at mine. I wonder if it is particles of drum surface being slowly worn off by the bands during normal usage?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 10:12 am:

I think most of the metal fuzz is rings seating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 10:47 am:

Fuzz on transmission magnet normal Cast iron rings and cylinder ware nothing else. Don't use as much Ultra Black sealer, I know it is hard but a bunch isn't doing any more sealing then a little. Looks like a foot shot on the zip tie. Filter is is doing it's job' move on the the road. LOL

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration