OT NJ res. needs help with PA100

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT NJ res. needs help with PA100
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:19 am:

Im a NJ resident looking to get a PA100 to sale on PA Swapmeet . It looks very complicated .
Thanks for the help and feel free to pm me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:37 am:

? What is a PA100 and what is PA Swapmeet? Can you post a link?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:44 am:

Mark : Pennsylvania - PA100 is a licence needed to be able to sale at flea markets , Swap meet etc in the state of PA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:55 am:

Is this what you are asking about;
https://www.pa100.state.pa.us/Registration.htm
If so sorry can't help, but if it is, you might try asking a question with more information like; I live in NJ and and want fill out the tax forms for selling in Pennsylvania. Has anyone filled out the PA100 tax form that can offer some advice?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:56 am:

We were posting at the same time. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 12:26 pm:

I suggest that you contact a CPA since this form looks like mostly a Sales Tax Registration. Filing this form is only the beginning, after you get it approved, you must file periodic tax returns and send payment, and your CPA can do that for you or help you with it.

Keith Gumbinger, Retired CPA (in Wisconsin)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 01:01 pm:

Thank you Keith . I was afraid of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

I have one, it's called a Transient Vendor Certificate. It allows you to collect sales tax at places where you sell. It's for a specific location on specific date/dates.

TRANSIENT VENDOR IS ANY NON PENNSYLVANIA ENTERPRISE WHOSE BUSINESS STRUCTURE IS SOLE PROPRIETOR OR PARTNERSHIP, NOT HAVING A PERMANENT PHYSICAL BUSINESS LOCATION IN PENNSYLVANIA, WHICH SELLS TAXABLE, TANGIBLE PERSONAL PROPERTY OR PERFORMS TAXABLE SERVICES IN PENNSYLVANIA.

I seriously doubt you have to have one to sell at a Swap Meet, unless you own a business. I've only ever been charged sales tax at PA Swap Meets from legitimate businesses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 10:51 pm:

If you are talking about the AACA Hershey Fall Meet swap meet you'll need to contact the state of PA to request it. Just google PA Transient Vendor Permit and you'll find all the info you need.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 02:48 am:

Thanks for all the input but a the "Transient vendor Permit " the same as a PA100 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 09:49 am:

https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/search/1/kw/transient%20vendors %20sales%20tax%20license/suggested/1

Maybe this will help.

(Message edited by redmodelt on June 30, 2018)

(Message edited by redmodelt on June 30, 2018)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration