Jumbo gear box parts, worth.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Jumbo gear box parts, worth.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:40 am:

I would like to get an idea what this front drive plate and shaft for a Jump gear box would be worth please and how common are they.. Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn-Colorado on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 06:39 pm:

Looks to be in good shape, not twisted nor cracks. A bit difficult to find since the parts fell on the ground when someone needed the engine for another t. Years ago I had to borrow one from a club member so that a machinist could make 2 new ones for me. That cost a bit more than the part may have been worth but I did not have them to begin with. Not sure what the value would be today. FYI, they can be used for the smaller car units and the larger truck units as well if I remember correctly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

It's been quite a while Ray.Visit more often!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 09:46 am:

Hi Ken, yes that it has been a while but a lot has happen since then, the local car sending me around the bend with who I have to deal with, the lady of the house has been very unwell and I was sent flying by one of my horses and time in hospital and a new hip and fractures hip from hitting the ground very hard and I don't bounce any more. My T had a full mechanical rebuild while I was out of it and it flys but how are you going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

Hi Ray, good to hear from you.
I needed a pair of coupling, in England they are called Oldham couplings, and could not find any so I made a set. I eventually sold them with the cast iron warford when I bought the KC Warford. I have never seen an original set so they are somewhat rare. However I donít think folks will pay too much as making them is not that difficult.
Keep in touch.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration