Wind at My Back

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Wind at My Back
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 07:27 pm:

I just stumbled on a television dramatic series I recommend to our forum members, "Wind at My Back". I have seen parts of two episodes and approve so far.

The stories seem to revolve around a family in a small town and their store. The action is depression era U.S.A. and there seems to have been a lot of attention paid to presenting large numbers of 1920's-1930's automobiles in era correct surroundings. Costuming and props are excellent.

I will have to see come complete episodes to give a better assessment. I look forward to that.

I have found the episodes on BYUTV a station sponsored by BYU in Utah which is heavily family friendly and does not seem to be pushing a religious agenda. The biggest inaccuracy I spotted is an absence of tobacco and alcohol from the scenes I viewed. Never the less the autos and trucks alone make this series worthwhile.

IMHO, TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Thursday, June 28, 2018 - 11:54 pm:

Actually, it is a Canadian setting, good show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 02:11 am:

Is that the one that the family has a mine that supports most of the town?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 05:05 am:

Watch "American Ride" On the same channel. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 09:10 am:

Yep, pretty neat show with tons of A's and T's for props. Always wondered where they got them all.

John, I think you're right, but can't remember. Either way, that family is filthy rich.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration