How do I "delete" old iron?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How do I "delete" old iron?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Dewey Asher Washington IL on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

After over 70 years of playing with model T's and A's its time to pass on my old iron "treasures" to those who will better utilize them. I don't have a lot of stuff but have no interest in advertising and playing salesman for a week. I would prefer disposing of the lot in one fell swoop. I am looking for suggestions. Just as an example, I have 4 engines--2-A and 2-T. 2 run, 2 don't, wood spoke wheels, rims, some sheet metal etc. etc. and buckets of stuff. Thanks for your help as usual. Dewey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

Make an all-inclusive list of parts you have for sale and put a crazy reasonable price on it and advertise on the Classifieds this site. Be prepared to send-either text or email- pictures of individual items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:55 am:

Dewey,

When I disposed of my collection of model trains I found a firm that would handle advertising on eBay and shipping for a cut. I think it was 10%. You may want to search for someone in your area that will do that for you.

Another idea is to contact one or more parts suppliers to see if they will buy your collection. They sell used stuff but you will not get top dollar.

Transportation/shipping will be an issue.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration