MY HOW TIME FLIES

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: MY HOW TIME FLIES
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

Married Fifty years Today. Big celebration! Breakfast at McDonald's "Her favorite" Movie and Ice Cream. If I had know fifty years ago What I know now I would have starting buying Model Ts when I first got married but on the other hand I might not be celebrating the BIG 50 if I had ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 01:44 pm:

Jim, congratulations! I hope to match that someday...in eight years and seven days to be exact!

I have heard that the first 50 years are the hardest!

Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

Congrats! I, too, have been married to the same woman for 50 years. I'll never do that again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 02:06 pm:

Congratulations Jim!
in this day and age it's a Blessing and a testament to your commitment to each other.

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 02:38 pm:

Jim, congrats to you both. These days 50 is rare. We are past 29. Not sure mine can take another 21. Wishing you both many more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

Karen and I passed our 50th back in March. I'm still amazed that I was able to trick that wonderful girl into marrying me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 03:21 pm:

Jim,

That's wonderful. Whatever you are doing -- keep it up it is working great!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 03:26 pm:

I'm still married to my first wife after 47 years. She even likes the T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 03:49 pm:

Hey everybody I have been in the married life 62 going on 63- and it would cost to much to send her home to Germany and no one would take trade in's- as she has missing parts and is losing her hair a little at a time, so I guess it is best to keep her as I have her well trained!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 04:12 pm:

Congratulations, Jim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

Congrats ! 5 to go for us. I was a babe in swaddling clothes when we got hitched. Her too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 05:37 pm:

Congratulations to you and your bride, Jim. 50 is quite an achievement, especially with all the divorce etc going on now. Teresa and I celebrated 40 years earlier this month and are going to continue the celebration in Fairbanks/Denali in another 2 weeks, which is why we won't be at any model T tours this summer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 06:03 pm:

Congrats Jim.

My bride and I are closing in on 25, a mere half of what you've accomplished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 06:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

Noel - you'll love Alaska, or at least we did. My wife of 52 year and I have gone up the the last two Septembers. I would recommend anyone going to rent a motor home and just drive. We've been everywhere but southeast.
I doubt we'll go this year as I'll be going off Eliquis in late August because of DVT and would like to stay around home for a while.
If I can help you out any feel free to PM me.
Oh and to all the long marriages, congratulations. There aren't as many now a days as there used to be. My parents made 69 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 06:11 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 03:02 pm:

Mary and I celebrated our 62nd anniversary last Sunday and over the years we have had seven and a half Model T's perhaps more.

our favorite one

some more T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

Congratulations Frank and Mary...but Frank you still need to take her to dinner!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

We celebrated our 50th two weeks ago. I have had my 1910 longer (71 years) - I plan on making the 55th, but the 60th may be a bit harder (I am 86 - she is 78). I am driving our 1931 A standard roadster in the Afton MN parade (50 MILES FROM HOME) on the 4th. Next week we are driving to Richmond ID for the swap meet. We will stop at a wholesale house in Illinois to pick up items for our store here in Excelsior MN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 04:23 pm:

Remember that time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 02, 2018 - 04:28 pm:

A few years ago on our 40th, I mentioned to someone that "If I'd just plead "Guilty" I could have gotten of with 20 years for good behavior." Linda turned around and said, "THAT would have involved good behavior!"
Drat!! There's always some fine print I forgot to read!!!!
Congrats, BTW.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir Atascadero on Wednesday, July 04, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

Congratulations Y'all !!! We got married in 1949 and thru the years of ups and downs we stayed together until Mother's day 2010. During that time I learned that it is possible to disagree without being disagreeable. We buried her on her birthday May 14.
It's a little lonely, but I have my son who lives a couple of miles away and a number of friends around town who also drive me where I need to go.
I quit driving in 2016 because I didn't feel confidant in my reaction time and staying focused on driving.Happy 4th.
Sincerely
Jim Weir

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration