Intake manifold

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Intake manifold
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lowell Fast on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

I have found that the 1912 and 1913 had AL intake manifolds that had protuberances that entered into the intake port on the block casting .The copper crush gaskets for later models will not work . I need FLAT copper gaskets aprox 1.25 " ID . Snyders is not familiar with this set up . Anyone know a source for this type of gasket ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 07:52 pm:

Lowell: The second generation aluminum intake ( after the aluminum dog leg style ) had recesses in the casting for the regular ring & gland gaskets. Not sure what intake you have.

The 1911 style aluminum intake fits and worke just fine.

Bob J.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 08:04 pm:

As far as I have seen all intakes and exhaust manifolds used the same rings and glands as later cars. I may be wrong on the VERY early T cars. Can you send me a photo and I can post it for you. My email address is in my profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, June 29, 2018 - 09:16 pm:

The intake manifolds on my '10 and '12 both use the same gaskets as my later cars with no problem

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 01:36 am:

The Ford parts book lists the same gaskets for all years, 1909-1927.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 03:26 am:

Lowell, your protruberances are likely to be gland rings which have stayed in place with the manifold. If you are using copper crush rings, just fir them over the protruberances. If you have the newer style one piece copper rings with the inbuilt gland, you will need to lever out the steel rings in the manifold.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 05:44 am:

If you really need to have flat gaskets you can make these from gasket material bought from the local auto parts supply store.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration